Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge

I have been reading a lot and watching a few films the last few days. It has been nice and cosy.

Twelve days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley.
I received this book as one of the 25 e-books I got from my husband in my Christmas Calendar.
I really enjoyed it, there was no doubt how the story would end and who the main character would end up with. But I found the story very entertaining and her description of the elderly characters  was brilliant.

I decided that I would like to read more of this author.









                                    The Spirit of Christmas by Henry Van Dyke.
                                    It was an OK book but I was surprised by
                                    how  religious it was. Not my kind of book.









Now a couple of films.



Nativity, a British Christmas film.
Well, I do not think I always understand or appreciate the British humour! I thought the first part of this film was just too silly whereas my English husband was giggling away. The film did improve though and I thoroughly enjoyed the last half of the film.




The Light Before Christmas is a nice short Christmas animation wherein the story of  "Twas the Night Before Christmas" was told.
I enjoyed this and it was perfect viewing for the 24th of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment