Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fire by Kristin Cashore

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her.

Exquisitely romantic, this companion to the highly praised
Graceling has an entirely new cast of characters, save for one person who plays a pivotal role in both books. You don’t need to have read Graceling to love Fire. But if you haven’t, you’ll be dying to read it next. From Goodreads.






I enjoyed this book. I have read Graceling but to be honest it is so long ago (several years I think) that I don't actually remember it. What I like about this book is Fire's struggle with her powers. How and for what to use them as she has seen her father do terrible things with the same power. I like what she becomes and the way she cares for the people around her.
I will definitely read Graceling again to spark my memory before getting hold of Bitterblue that is released in May

This book qualifies for: 
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge, 
2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge
Magical March 2012,

No comments:

Post a Comment