Monday, August 27, 2012

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

World War Terminus had left the Earth devastated. Through its ruins, bounty hunter Rick Deckard stalked, in search of the renegade replicants who were his prey. When he wasn't `retiring' them with his laser weapon, he dreamed of owning a live animal -- the ultimate status symbol in a world all but bereft of animal life. Then Rick got his chance: the assignment to kill six Nexus-6 targets, for a huge reward. But in Deckard's world things were never that simple, and his assignment quickly turned into a nightmare kaleidoscope of subterfuge and deceit -- and the threat of death for the hunter rather than the hunted... From Goodreads





My reason for reading this book was that it fit in my 2012 Sci-Fi Challenge. The film Bladerunner was based on this book. I have never seen the whole film only bits of it. My husband has wanted to read this book for ever and thought I should too.
I liked it but no more than that, I just didn't get pulled in the book as I like. Definitely outside my comfort zone. But I love the fact that my husband and I can read the same books, discuss them and rate them very differently. My husband gave this book 5 stars.

This book qualifies for: 
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge,
A-Z  Book Challenge 2012,
2012 Sci-Fi Challenge,
2012 Where are you reading Challenge   

No comments:

Post a Comment