Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Vampire's Warden by S.J. Wright

He moved. It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I'd never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn't been crazy at all.
Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.
What do you do when you find out the people you trust have been hiding a terrible secret? When Sarah Wood's father passes away and hands over to her the responsibility of running the family's inn, she finds put things are far more complicated than she first imagined. She's not just responsible for running the inn. She's become the Vampire's Warden.
From Goodreads





This was okay. I found the concept of a vampire warden interesting and, as this is called a paranormal romance, it is easy to guess that something romantic is going to happen between the main character and a vampire. It doesn't come to much in this first book / novella but I am sure things will develop further in the next books in the series. I think there was meant to be 3 but there is at least 4 now. I might read more later but it is not so interesting that I need to in the near future.

This book qualifies for: 
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge,
A-Z  Book Challenge 2012,
Why Buy the Cow? Reading challenge 2012 ( this book was free on Amazon.com the 20th of October 2012)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane,

    You are the November winner of the Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge. You have won a $10GC to Amazon. To claim this prize, please e-mail me within 24 hours. If you don't respond after the time is up, a new winner will be chosen.

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete