Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 Sci-Fi Challenge - Finished

Thank you Ellie @ Curiosity Killed The Bookworm for hosting this challenge.

This has been a really interesting challenge for me. One of the objects of the challenge was to read outside one's comfort zone and I chose to read one book a month. I can definitely say I have done that. My husband has helped me find books for this challenge.

I have completed the challenge. I have read 12 books, one book a month and it was books that I wouldn't ordinarily have picked.
It surprised me that I didn't think much of Ursula Le Guin's Sci-Fi as I really like her fantasy books.
Of the 12 books of this challenge I have given 1 book 5 Polar Bears, 6 books 4 Polar Bears and 5 books 3 Polar Bears.
3 Polar Bears means it was okay and I liked it but not always enough to seek out more books from that particular author.
I think I read quite a bit more Sci-Fi than the 12 books for this challenge but not all Sci-Fi is outside my comfort zone so I chose just one book a month that had to be that. It has been quite interesting that I have liked as many of these books as I have.

My 12 books for this challenge are:
  1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  2. For Love of Mother-not by Alan Dean Foster
  3. A Fisherman of the Inland Sea by Ursula Le Guin
  4. Neuromancer by William Gibson  
  5. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
  6. The Stars my Destination by Alfred Bester
  7. The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi 
  8. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick    
  9. The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner 
  10. I am Legend by Richard Matheson
  11. Zoo City by Lauren Beukes  
  12. Old Man's War by John Scalzi 
 My posts for this challenge can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment