Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Winter Warmers by Carole Matthews

Three short stories from the wonderfully warm Carole Matthews: Winter Warmers - a gift for you.
All I Want for Christmas is You
Christmas is around the corner but Maria just can't get into the spirit - will she ever find Mr Right? But when a secret admirer starts leaving her poems and notes, it looks as though her luck is about to change . . .
Cold Turkey
Tara is in love with a man she can't have. She expected to spend Christmas with him but when the big day arrives, she finds herself alone. Sad and upset, Tara just wants to ignore the festive season - and then a chance encounter changes everything.
About Gardening
I love my husband Sam but our relationship isn't what it used to be. Can I find a way to bring us back together?
Treat yourself to this heart-warming collection - it's perfect for warming up those winter nights.
From Goodreads.


I like the first story All I want for Christmas is You. It just went downhill from there and I really don't get the last one. It started and it stopped, there was no story. It didn't help that I thought it was going to be 192 pages and it turned out to be a measly 48! The best thing I can say about Winter Warmers is that it was free - still can't recommend it though.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge
Serious Readers 2013
2013 Ebook Challenge
2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge (free on Amazon.uk 9th of November 2012)
Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment