Friday, March 7, 2014

WitchHunt by Emma Mills

‘I know it’s selfish, but I don’t want you to go,’ Daniel said, a couple of minutes later.
I looked at him and smiled.
‘I’ll be fine, I will.’
‘You’d better be. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Those months I stupidly spent apart from you… they were torment for me,’ he said.
‘They were torment for me too.’
As the Christmas season is ripped apart by the news that Jess’ old friend Alex has been turned into a vicious killer, festivities are dropped, Jess returns to England and the hunt begins. But Alex isn’t the only one being hunted, for Mary has found a way to extinguish the entire bloodline of Malden witches, and it is Jess’s book of shadows that’s the key. As things hot up, Jess finds she must leave Daniel and the safety of Manchester in a final hunt for her nemesis, Mary. In a fight-off that only one of them can survive, loved ones will fall… daemons will rise… but who will survive?
From Goodreads.

I like reading about witches and I like reading about vampires. The protagonist Jess is both and sometimes has difficulties accepting her vampire part.
I have enjoyed this WitchBlood series by Emma Mills and as this book seems to be the last in the series  I will keep an eye out to see if she publishes anything else.

This book qualifies for:
2014 Ebook challenge
2014 Quick fix Challenge (254 pages)
2014 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge
Vampire Challenge 2014
You Read How Many Books? Reading Challenge 2014
The Challenge Factory Spell It Out - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (E)
Crazy Challenge Connection Chinese New Year Challenge (Witchblood #4)
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2014
CCC Winter Seasonal Spell Challenge 2013-2014
Nothing but Reading Challenges - Spell it Out - Animal Alphabet (E-eagle)
Crazy Challenge Connection Scrabble, anyone? (E)

No comments:

Post a Comment