Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten. From Goodreads.





I have had this book on my TBR list for a while but felt I had to be in the right mood to read it. Well I don't know if I was in the right mood but as I am going to the cinema to see the film in two days time and there was no way I was going to go without having read it first, I just had to read it.

This is a beautiful book. It is a YA book about teenagers living with and dying of cancer. There is no happy ending to this book. It is of course incredibly emotional as it is about loss but also being able to love at deaths door.
The characters around Hazel and Augustus are also very interesting and I liked that to some of them there was more to them than what it seemed liked in the beginning.
This book had me crying but also smiling when the young people were using morbid humour.

This book qualifies for:
2014 Ebook challenge
You Read How Many Books? Reading Challenge 2014
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2014
Crazy Challenge Connection - Sub-Genre Challenge 2014
Nothing but Reading Challenges - Spell it Out - Animal Alphabet (L-quail)
Nothing but Reading Challenges - 50 States Challenge
Crazy Challenge Connection Monopoly
Crazy Challenge Connection Scrabble, anyone?
Crazy Challenge Connection Bard of Avon
Nothing but Reading Challenges Wheel-A-Thon

No comments:

Post a Comment