Another challenge that will earn me points for the Hogwarts challenge. I am not quite sure how this works but I am on a team with another member of Ravenclaw and we move around the map. I am sure we will figure it out and read a lot of books for it.
My tracking thread on Goodreads.
The Amazing Book Hunt will be played similar to The Amazing Race.
You will stop by some of the 50 States during this challenge. Each state will have a set of task for you to complete.
Once all task have been complete, you can check in at the Book stop for that leg of the race.
To play you and your partner will have to determine who will read what. Each task only needs to be completed once.
How to Play:
°°°1st, find a partner! Sign up if you wish to play. You can either hunt for your own partner, or we can match you up. The choice is yours.
°°° Route Information: The Route Information will tell you which state you are going to. You will have to read a book that takes place in that state and a book that features a mode of transportation.
°°° Route Marker: You will be given a clue on where to find the Route Marker. It can be anywhere on A Million More Pages. Once you find it, complete the task required.
°°°Detour:A Detour presents the team with a decision between two tasks. You must read a book that fits one of those task.
°°° U-Turn:Teams may use their U-Turn ability to force another team to backtrack and complete the Detour option they did not previously complete. To Earn a U-Turn, teams will need to spell out Amazing Book Race with Book Titles.This you can do through out the game. It can be books you read during, or for the challenge. Once you have it spelled out, you will get your card. You can use it at any time during the game, on any other team. You can earn only three U-Turn cards during this game. So use then wisely. You do not have to play the U-Turn option, but if your team does get U-Turned, you will need to complete the U-Turn in order to move on.
°°° The Book Stop: Once you have completed your team tasks, you can post your group information at The Book Stop. You may then move to the next round.
List of books:
- Driving Home for Christmas by Emma Hannigan
- Pretty in Black by Rae Hachton
- Flame Moon by K.J. Jackson
- Sapphire of the Fairies by Richard S. Tuttle
- In Search of a Love Story by Rachel Schurig
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- Glazed Murder by Jessica Beck
- A New Witch in Town (Maybe Two) by Dani Corlee
- Something to Witch About by Amanda M. Lee
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Getting Lucky by Katie Graykowski
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Malicious Mischief by Lora Young
- The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Take Three Birds by Jilli Lime-Holt
- Wind, Sand And Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
- The Synchronicity War Part 1 by Dietmar Wehr
- The Cold King by Amber Jaeger
- The Oatmeal Stories by Robert R. Stevens
- Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat
- Summer at Sea by Beth Labonte
- The Beemaster’s Cottage by De-ann Black
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
- Believe by Celia Juliano
- Julia by Ashley Merrick
- Mordet på Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
- Marked by Sarah Fine
- A Stitch in Time by Amanda James