Monday, January 26, 2015

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed for ever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! From Goodreads.





I can't even remember when I read this for the first time but looking in my old paperback it was bought for me in 2000 and I am sure I read it right away. This book is still just as good as the first time I read it. Not the same surprises of course but instead I can look forward to things like all the letters arriving, Hagrid turning up and not least the friendship developing between Harry, Ron and Hermione.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015
2015 Witches & Witchcraft Challenge
Novel Books & Reading Challenges Tower Teams III
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: December-January Mini Challenge
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: January Challenges (3/9)
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Hogwarts Face Off
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Spring Fling
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Diagon Alley Supply List
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: 2015 Reading Challenge!
A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon 2015

1 comment:

  1. I reread this one as well for the 2015 Witches & Witchcraft Challenge. I really love this series and I am so looking forward to rereading these all again.

    ReplyDelete