Wednesday, March 4, 2015

16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber


Olivia Lockhart
Cedar Cove, Washington

Dear Reader,
You don't know me yet, but in a few hours that's going to change. You see, I'm inviting you to my home and my town of Cedar Cove because I want you to meet my family, friends and neighbors. Come and hear their stories, maybe even their secrets!
I have to admit that my own secrets are pretty open. My marriage failed some years ago, and I have a rather…difficult relationship with my daughter, Justine. Then there's my mother, Charlotte, who has plenty of opinions and is always willing to share them.
Here's an example. I'm a family court judge and she likes to drop in on my courtroom. Recently I was hearing a divorce petition. In my mother's view, young Cecilia and Ian Randall hadn't tried hard enough to make their marriage work and I actually agreed. So I rendered my judgment: Divorce Denied.
Well, you wouldn't believe the reaction! Thanks to an article by Jack Griffin, the editor of our local paper (and a man I wouldn't mind seeing more of ), everyone's talking.
Cedar Cove people love it and sometimes they leave it, but they never forget it!
See you soon…
Olivia. From Goodreads.

My favourite genres are fantasy and paranormal but I have also come to enjoy this kind of women's fiction. Just every day stuff going on in a small community. This is the first book in the series so there are a lot of characters to figure out and it did take me a wee bit of time before I got them right. There are a lot of loose ends when the book finishes but that is okay and I am looking forward to continue this series. I also liked that not everything had a happy ending as that is a part of life.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: March Challenges (4/7)
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Spring Fling
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Hearts, Romance, Spring Greetings
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: The Zodiac
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Professor Trelawney
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Hugh Jackman
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: MARCHing Through Time
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Diagon Alley Supply List
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: 2015 Reading Challenge!
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Meet a Million Members
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Who is ... The Death Eater?

No comments:

Post a Comment