Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

'You're not Mia Thermopolis any more, honey,' Dad said. I raised my head. 'I'm not?' I said, blinking. 'Then who am I?' He went, kind of sadly, 'You're Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, Princess of Genovia.'
A PRINCESS??
ME???

Yeah, right.
One minute Mia's totally normal. Next minute she's heir to the throne of Genovia.
Well, her dad can lecture her until he's royal-blue in the face, but no way is Mia going to behave like some posh princess. And they think she's moving to Genovia? Er, hello?
From Goodreads.






I read a lot of YA. This is more a children's book than YA in my opinion. It is sweet enough, quite cute and has some funny parts in it. It is too sweet for me and her daydreaming about being a superstar at the same time as she doesn't want to be a princess is a bit too stupid. I don't think I will read more in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment