Monday, June 1, 2015
A Million More Pages - Hogwarts: House Elves
House Elves hosted by A Million More Pages on Goodreads.
June 1, 2015 through July 15, 2015
Choose one elf, complete a spell out of that elf's name and all five tasks. Books may be used twice, once for spell out and once for a task. Use the book's title or the author's first or last name for spell out.
Dobby - "Dobby has got a sock," said Dobby in disbelief. "Master threw it, and Dobby caught it, and Dobby -- Dobby is free."
* Read a book where the main character saves someone's life.
Legend by David Gemmell
* Read a book where the MC works in the kitchen, a cook or baker, or just likes to cook/bake.
Murder at Jade Cove by Dianne Harman
* Read a book where a character is an outcast.
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
* Read a book where the MC has a small group of friends.
* Read a book where the MC is into fashion.
D: Legend by David Gemmell
O: The Oatmeal Stories by Robert R. Stevens
B: The Bridesmaid Blues by Tracey Sinclair
B: Summer at Sea by Beth Labonte
Y: Young Lord of Khadora by Richard S. Tuttle
Bonus Point Read book with a sock/socks on the cover. This must be approved.
Winky - "My poor Mr Crouch, what is he doing without Winky?"
* Read a book where the main character is fired from their job.
* Read a book where a character is an alcoholic.
* Read a book where a character is accused of a crime they did not commit.
* Read a book where a character is hiding something, tell us what they are hiding.
* Read a book where the MC is a female.
Kreacher - "Nasty brat, standing there as bold as brass. Harry Potter, the boy who stopped the Dark Lord. Friend of Mudbloods and blood-traitors alike."
* Read a book with a character who has a mean disposition.
* Read a book with an older MC (older than 40)
* Read a book where a character is poisoned.
* Read a book where a character has a mental illness.
* Read a book where a character fights for something.
1 point per task completed.
0.5 points per letter for spell out.
Must have read three books to receive any points.
Bonus Point is a separate book.
✪ Minimum Page Length: 125 (140 for YA)
✪ Are Rereads Allowed? Yes
✪ Can I start a book before Challenge Start Date? Yes
✪ Children Allowed with restrictions: Yes
☛ Restrictions: Must also have YA as Main Page Genre
✪ Posting Requirements when complete:
☛Book title/cover, author, date read, how it fits the task.
✪ Are Audiobooks Allowed? Yes
✪ Manga,Comics, Graphic Novels Allowed? No
✪ Can I Ignore A/An/The in Titles? Yes
✪ Author Names Count in Matching Letters? Yes
✪ Can a book be used more than once in this challenge?: Yes, once for spell-out and once for a task.
✪ Can the Tasks be done in any order: Yes
✪ Can Series titles be used for meeting requirements? No
✪ Verification Required For Points: Yes