Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Audiobook Challenge - Finished

2015 Audiobook Challenge hosted by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens.

My goal was Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15 books. That is around the number of books I listened to in 2014.

I have totally failed this challenge, I started out okay but then I just haven't been listening to anything.
My total of books is just 6 books.
I have decided that I still want to take part in this challenge again in 2016 but I will start at newbie level.

Reading Challenge Details:

  • Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.

Levels:

  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
  • Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+

We’ve decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let us know how your listening is going for 2015.

Update Schedule:

  • March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
  • June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
  • September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
  • December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
List of books:
January-March 27th
Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs
Secrets of the Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford
 Opal Fire by Barbra Annino

List of books:
March 28th-June 19th
Bloodstone by Barbra Annino

List of books:
June 20th-September 25th
A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond 

List of books:
September 26th - December 18th
Memory & Dream by Charles de Lint

No comments:

Post a Comment